Life, the Loonyverse and Everything

Thoughts about life in the UK, the state of the world, governmental and commercial intrusion into our lives and anything else that takes my fancy. All from the point of view of a UK guy in his fifties trying to make ends meet in a world where business determines your quality of life.

16 June 2006

Wunch Update

It's been a while since the last post - lots to think about with the bank charges claim and constant calls from companies I owe money to, but can't because the bank has stolen all of mine. Looking into harassment claims against at least one company that has been phoning me twice a day - like it is going to suddenly make it possible for me to pay them - tossers! Having to explain the situation to different call centre monkeys and reiterate that their calls are NOT helping me, won't make things happen any faster and are stressing me out is not my idea of fun...

Well, things are moving on a bit now - I've got a claim underway in the Small Claims Court against my bank for over £5,000 plus interest and costs! I've reached the scary part of the process, but with the help, guidance and support of the Consumer Action Group / Bank Action Group it's now just wait and see time. They will pay up (hurray!), they won't like it (tough!) and may well close my account (vindictive!), but I have another one lined up already to take my next pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home